Fat to Fit @ 57 – Day 11

My, how time flies! The weekend was hectic, resulting in an obvious lack of blogging activity. Saturday was filled with yard work, in a desperate attempt to tame the wild jungle our yard had become, thanks to yet more rain, making mowing impossible. The upside to a day full of yard work is that I a) walk an awful lot and b) don’t have many opportunities for mindless eating. My subconscious, generally preferring to sit curled up with a good book on a dreary weekend, was actually cheering at the forced exercise and caloric restrictions imposed upon me. By day’s end, I had to agree that it had been a good thing, as I had logged over 15,000 steps.

Sunday was Father’s Day. It began by having breakfast with The Daughter, her husband, and the awesome Granddaughter 2 and Grandson. We went to a local waterfront restaurant. Unbeknownst to us, they were having a Father’s Day brunch buffet. We had expected their daily menu, so it was a pleasant surprise. Since I’m doing HCG, and I was in the loading phase, I could eat anything I wanted. They had peel-and-eat shrimp, lox and bagels, made-to-order omelets, potatoes, bacon, sausages, and lots of fruits and veggies. I started off with lox and bagels, shrimp, some fresh fruit, bacon (of course!!), and some potatoes. I wasn’t really that hungry. I went back up for an omelet, and while I was standing there, they brought back an “everything” omelet they had made by mistake. I told them I’d take it, got a couple more pieces of bacon, and a huckleberry bar (like a lemon bar, but made with huckleberries). The omelet was delicious! It had feta (my favorite!), spinach, tons of other veggies, and sausage in it. The huckleberry bar was disappointing. Though there were other sweets there, none of them appealed to me. After breakfast, The Spouse and I walked along the bike path/sidewalk that circles the beach, then headed south to meet up with YS and his girlfriend.

We had some stops to make in our attempt to find a replacement flap for the doggie door. It’s hanging on by a thread. YS and his girlfriend met us at the hardware store we were headed to. No flaps. We decided to go to lunch at Chili’s to celebrate Father’s Day again. They have a salad I love – the Quesadilla Explosion Salad. That’s what I had. Remember, loading day… 🙂 I was STUFFED afterwards. A quick trip to Costco to get some necessary items, then the hour drive home. We had done a lot of walking, including a stop at Home Depot in search of the flap. By the time we got home, I had clocked almost 12,000 steps!

Monday was another rainy day, and the first day of Phase 2 of the HCG diet. There is an 800 calorie protocol, which is what I’m doing. It is easier to stick to, and you lose just as much. The astonishing thing was, when I weighed in on Monday, after loading all weekend, I had LOST 2 pounds! My subconscious was jumping for joy!  I hate rainy days, because it means no walk at lunch. My step count was pretty dismal. I did okay with eating, although I did find myself picking at some nuts that are verboten. It takes me a couple of days to get in the groove when I start this program.

Tuesday we made it to the gym! I did 15 minutes on this new elliptical trainer we got at the gym. It’s quite different than the one I usually use. You feel as though you are climbing constantly. I managed only a little over a mile in that 15 minutes, as opposed to almost double that on the other one. Then I did a leg workout, which was great. My knees are feeling better, little by little. I didn’t get to walk at lunch due to a conference call that was scheduled when I usually walk. Bummer. I still managed 7500 steps, though.

Today I got to ride my bike to work!! Yay! It is always the highlight of my day! That is in addition to doing a chest and back workout at the gym this morning. I am such a weakling, but I’m getting stronger daily. I was down a pound today, too. That’s 3 pounds since Friday. I had planned on walking at lunch, but had a mini emergency, which required me to leave work early and ride back home to get my car. I thought I was going to be driving south to get YS’s car towed to the mechanic because it wouldn’t start and he was stuck working. Fortunately, on his lunch break, he got his car started, and decided to take his chances that it would start when he got off (it did). So, I drove back to work, missed my lunch walk AGAIN, but at least I got to ride. I’ll take the Fluffs for a walk when I get home tonight to make up, at least partially, for my missed walk. So far, I’ve logged 6700 steps. I really want to get to 10,000 today in addition to my rides. Can’t wait to see the scale tomorrow! My subconscious hasn’t yelled at me for a couple of days. Yay!

Oh, and I know wine isn’t on the diet, but I had some last night, and lost a pound today, so I’m adding a glass to my nightly regimen. What can it hurt, right?


Leave a Reply